Friday, July 31, 2009

....not start blogging unless you can commit everyday.

That's rigt! Here Ye! Here Ye! Friends, family, and legions of adoring fans I'm back! And we're better than ever. Be on the look out for new and improved updates soon to come! Long story short, work has been super busy, and blog time was very limited. (not an excuse, just stating the facts..............What's that? FINE! DON'T READ! You were my least favorite blogfan anyway Dad! lol)

Where to start? Hmmm......(just in case you're wondering blogging is not like riding a bike)
So recently I had a good friend move down to Austin from Seattle. She's my old roommate and a good friend to both Miss Cupcake and I. We'll call her Miss Moody (just for the record it's her last name, and in no way is representative of her disposition.........after she's had her coffee). It's been a real treat to add new dimension to the evenings with a completely different perspective on the usual conversation. Tonite we got to introduce her to one of my favorite Austin treats the Alamo Drafthouse movie theater http://www.alamodrafthouse.com/. We went and saw "Away We Go" with John Krazinski (aka Jim from The Office). It was a pretty funny movie, but the real treat was gorging ourselves on Green Chile Mac N Chz, a half pound organic cheeseburger, chili cheese fries, and of course a couple cocktails. If you live in Austin or are visiting soon then do yourself a favor and go see any movie they are showing. Even if the movie sucks they have a full bar which is bound to make the experience more enjoyable.




So I feel like I must apologize to all my fans out there for something other than my lack of postings lately. In one of my most recent critically acclaimed posts about my recent travels to Seattle, I mentioned how delicious it was to drink your coffee breve. It is definitely in my opinion still the most delicious way to drink your coffee, however, its also the most fattening. Over my recent sabbatical from blogging, with the extreme working hours, I enjoyed many a breve latte. Well just recently the same friend that turned me on to them informed me that there was approximately 12 grams of fat per tsp of half and half. Being that I always order Jumbo, Large, Venti (or whatever word we use for REALLY BIG now) I started to do some rough calculations of how much I was taking in. After about 20 minutes (basic math is always so challenging) I came up with a number far too awful. Let's just say my blood was probably the same consistency of soft butter, or cottage cheese. In fact I'm fairly certain that had there been a horrible kitchen accident in which I was accidentally forked, I would have lactated rather than bled.
So what's a guy to do when faced with the love of a beverage on one hand, and on the other always having that annoying belly jiggle when he brushes his teeth? Well I stopped drinking them! (of course that's after several viewings of "What's Eating Gilbert Grape" and hours of fetal position crying and making Sweetie McGee promise a million times that she'd always love me no matter what) You will all be happy to know that if I drink skinny versions of the coffee all week then on Friday I treat myself to a small breve.

Car Explosions! Nascar! Football! Hot Strippers! (ok I know that was random, but after proofreading that last paragraph I felt it was important to remind everyone I'm still a dude. A dude that even had a pair of testicles temporarily burned into his chest. There's got to be a lot of extra dude points out there for that.)

So tonite I'd like to leave you with a question and see what you're response is (also let's me check up to see if anybody is still reading this thing lol). What's your favorite type of weather and why? What does it do for you? Does it transport you back to a specific time or place? I look forward to all your responses. Thanks for hanging with me, and I promise never to let something as meaningless as providing for my family (common law) come between us again. Cheers and sleep well.

2 comments:

  1. Nice blog, finally. You should be nicer to your father. You remember he was blogging while you were still in Jr. High.

    My favorite weather would have to be late fall or winter. I like the changing of the leaves but I also like the snow and ice. The fog in the fall and the falling of snow in the winter, puts a hush on all the usual noises. Both actually dampen sound and create quiet. I love the quiet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, I'm just full up on happiness now that you have returned to blogdom. It's like a miracle in my life because I was actually drinking Sweet Tea when I checked to see if there were any new posts!!! It's from Carl's Juniors and couldn't hold a candle to Mammer's recipe, but I do love my "liquid diabetes"! It went down like honey while I was filling up on tales of explosive body gas, turd splashing, socializing during Inner Course, male lactation and drinking enough fat to grow your own moobs! (Man boobs) Now you know where Miss Cupcake gets her brilliant "jorts" ideas from! I'm left wondering if Miss Moody has had the pleasure of meeting Miss Doody yet? My favorite weather is sunny because everything else makes me want to hibernate or similarly to your fat math results, cry in the fetal position until it shines again. This moldy old Seattle native has a sunny, southern belle deep inside that has always wanted to shine! Thankee for y'alls posts, honey chile. Bless your lil pea pickin' heart for brightenin' up an old chicken's day!

    ReplyDelete